The Structure of the Set of Sunspot Equilibria in Economies with Incomplete Financial Markets
AbstractThis paper considers the set of equilibria of two-period, sunspot economies with "S" purely extrinsic states of nature in the second period and "I" assets with linearly independent nominal payoffs. The span of the payoff matrix contains the vector [1, . . . ,1] (i.e., inside money). The set of economies is described in terms of (sunspot-invariant) utility functions. If "S" > "I" > O, there is an open, dense set of economies such that, given a vector of no arbitrage asset prices, the set of equilibrium allocations contains a smooth manifold of dimension "S"-"I". Such a manifold contains at least one nonsunspot equilibrium (and at most a finite number of such equilibria).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 2 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Pietra, T., 1991. "The structure of the set of sunspot equilibria in economies with incomplete financial markets," CORE Discussion Papers 1991032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atsushi Kajii, .
""The Sequential Regularity of Competitive Equilibria and Sunspots'',"
CARESS Working Papres
95-11, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Atsushi Kajii, . "The Sequential Regularity of Competitive Equilibria and Sunspots," Penn CARESS Working Papers e2d9482c0b44fc6a481e83aae, Penn Economics Department.
- M. Salto & T. Pietra, 2013.
"Welfare and excess volatility of exchange rates,"
Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 501-529, March.
- Alessandro, CITANNA & SCHMEDDERS, Karl, 2002.
"Controlling price volatility through financial innovation,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
749, HEC Paris.
- Alessandro Citanna & Karl Schmedders, 2002. "Controlling Price Volatility Through Financial Innovation," Discussion Papers 1338, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Donati, Paola & Momi, Takeshi, 2003.
"Indeterminacy of rational expectations equilibria in sequential financial markets,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 743-762, September.
- Donati, Paola, 2003. "Indeterminacy of rational expectations equilibria in sequential financial markets," Working Paper Series 0262, European Central Bank.
- Atsushi Kajii, 2007.
"Welfare Gains And Losses In Sunspot Equilibria,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 58(3), pages 329-344.
- Kajii, Atsushi, 1998. "Sunspots and the Sequential Regularity of Competitive Equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 187-194, January.
- Pietra, Tito & Siconolfi, Paolo, 1997. "Extrinsic Uncertainty and the Informational Role of Prices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 154-180, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.