The stand-alone test and decreasing serial cost sharing
AbstractThe rule of decreasing serial cost sharing defined in de Frutos  over the class of concave cost functions may violate the important stand-alone test. Sufficient conditions for the test to be satisfied are given, in terms of individual rationality as well as coalitional stability. These conditions restrict the shape of the cost function and the distribution of demands.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 16 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Note: Received: July 29, 1999; revised version: October 4, 1999
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- C79 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Justin Leroux, 2006.
"Profit sharing in unique Nash equilibrium: Characterization in the two-agent case,"
Cahiers de recherche
06-11, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Leroux, Justin, 2008. "Profit sharing in unique Nash equilibrium: Characterization in the two-agent case," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 558-572, March.
- Leroux, Justin, 2005. "Strategyproof Profit Sharing: A Two-Agent Characterization," Working Papers 2005-04, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth & Thorlund-Petersen, Lars, 2001. "Mixed serial cost sharing," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 51-68, January.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2007.
"Decreasing Serial Cost Sharing: an Axiomatic Characterization,"
07-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Jens Hougaard & Lars Østerdal, 2009. "Decreasing serial cost sharing: an axiomatic characterization," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 469-479, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.