Positivity and the Construction of Life Satisfaction Judgments: Global Happiness is not the Sum of its Parts
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Happiness Studies.
Volume (Year): 1 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1389-4978
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ed Diener & Eunkook Suh & Heidi Smith & Liang Shao, 1995. "National differences in reported subjective well-being: Why do they occur?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 7-32, January.
- Talya Miron-Shatz & Ed Diener & Glen M. Doniger & Tyler Moore & Shimon Saphire-Bernstein, 2013. "Charting the internal landscape: Affect associated with thoughts about major life domains explains life satisfaction," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 8(5), pages 603-616, September.
- René Proyer & Hubert Annen & Nadine Eggimann & Andrea Schneider & Willibald Ruch, 2012. "Assessing the “Good Life” in a Military Context: How Does Life and Work-Satisfaction Relate to Orientations to Happiness and Career-Success Among Swiss Professional Officers?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 106(3), pages 577-590, May.
- Keith Cox, 2012. "Happiness and Unhappiness in the Developing World: Life Satisfaction Among Sex Workers, Dump-Dwellers, Urban Poor, and Rural Peasants in Nicaragua," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 103-128, March.
- Robert Biswas-Diener & Joar Vittersø & Ed Diener, 2010. "The Danish Effect: Beginning to Explain High Well-Being in Denmark," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 97(2), pages 229-246, June.
- Edsel Beja & David Yap, 2013.
"Counting Happiness from the Individual Level to the Group Level,"
Social Indicators Research,
Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 621-637, November.
- Beja Jr, Edsel & Yap, David B., 2012. "Counting happiness from the individual level to the group level," MPRA Paper 40214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdallah, Saamah & Thompson, Sam & Marks, Nic, 2008. "Estimating worldwide life satisfaction," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 35-47, March.
- René Proyer & Willibald Ruch & Claudia Buschor, 2013. "Testing Strengths-Based Interventions: A Preliminary Study on the Effectiveness of a Program Targeting Curiosity, Gratitude, Hope, Humor, and Zest for Enhancing Life Satisfaction," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 275-292, March.
- Lei Thien & Nordin Razak, 2013. "Academic Coping, Friendship Quality, and Student Engagement Associated with Student Quality of School Life: A Partial Least Square Analysis," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 112(3), pages 679-708, July.
- Simon Luechinger & Stephan Meier & Alois Stutzer, 2006.
"Bureaucratic Rents and Life Satisfaction,"
IEW - Working Papers
269, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Grace (Byung-Hee) Yu & Dong-Jin Lee, 2008. "A Model of Quality of College Life (QCL) of Students in Korea," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 269-285, June.
- Ed Diener & Ronald Inglehart & Louis Tay, 2013. "Theory and Validity of Life Satisfaction Scales," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 112(3), pages 497-527, July.
- Delhey, Jan & Kroll, Christian, 2012. "A "happiness test" for the new measures of national well-being: How much better than GDP are they?," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Inequality and Social Integration SP I 2012-201, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Isabel Albuquerque & Margarida Lima & Cláudia Figueiredo & Marcela Matos, 2012. "Subjective Well-Being Structure: Confirmatory Factor Analysis in a Teachers’ Portuguese Sample," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 569-580, February.
- Romina Boarini & Margherita Comola & Femke Keulenaer & Robert Manchin & Conal Smith, 2013. "Can Governments Boost People’s Sense of Well-Being? The Impact of Selected Labour Market and Health Policies on Life Satisfaction," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 114(1), pages 105-120, October.
- Lufanna Lai & Robert Cummins, 2013. "The Contribution of Job and Partner Satisfaction to the Homeostatic Defense of Subjective Wellbeing," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 203-217, March.
- Christie Scollon & Amanda Howard & Amanda Caldwell & Sachiyo Ito, 2009. "The Role of Ideal Affect in the Experience and Memory of Emotions," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 257-269, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.