Additional utility of insiders with imperfect dynamical information
AbstractIn this paper we consider a market driven by a Wiener process where there is an insider and a regular trader. The insider has privileged information which has been deformed by an independent noise vanishing as the revelation time approaches. At this time, the information of every trader is the same. We obtain the semimartingale decomposition of the original Wiener process under dynamical enlargement of the filtration, and we prove that if the rate at which the additional noise in the insider’s information vanishes is slow enough then there is no arbitrage and the additional utility of the insider is finite. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 8 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (08)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caroline Hillairet & Ying Jiao, 2012. "Credit Risk with asymmetric information on the default threshold," Post-Print hal-00663136, HAL.
- Caroline Hillairet & Ying Jiao, 2010. "Information Asymmetry in Pricing of Credit Derivatives," Papers 1002.3256, arXiv.org.
- Caroline Hillairet & Ying Jiao, 2010. "Information Asymmetry in Pricing of Credit Derivatives," Working Papers hal-00457456, HAL.
- Bruno Bouchard, 2005. "No-arbitrage in discrete-time markets with proportional transaction costs and general information structure," Papers math/0501045, arXiv.org.
- Albina Danilova & Michael Monoyios & Andrew Ng, 2009. "Optimal investment with inside information and parameter uncertainty," Papers 0911.3117, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Kohatsu-Higa, Arturo & Yamazato, Makoto, 2008. "Enlargement of filtrations with random times for processes with jumps," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(7), pages 1136-1158, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.