Information Asymmetry in Pricing of Credit Derivatives
AbstractWe study the pricing of credit derivatives with asymmetric information. The managers have complete information on the value process of the firm and on the default threshold, while the investors on the market have only partial observations, especially about the default threshold. Different information structures are distinguished using the framework of enlargement of filtrations. We specify risk neutral probabilities and we evaluate default sensitive contingent claims in these cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1002.3256.
Date of creation: Feb 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-03-06 (Banking)
- NEP-CTA-2010-03-06 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-RMG-2010-03-06 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeanblanc, Monique & Geman, Hélyette & Coculescu, Délia, 2006. "Valuation of default sensitive claims under imperfect information," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2191, Paris Dauphine University.
- Monique Jeanblanc & Stoyan Valchev, 2005. "Partial Information And Hazard Process," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(06), pages 807-838.
- R. J. Elliott & M. Jeanblanc & M. Yor, 2000. "On Models of Default Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 179-195.
- Duffie, Darrell & Lando, David, 2001. "Term Structures of Credit Spreads with Incomplete Accounting Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 633-64, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- José Corcuera & Peter Imkeller & Arturo Kohatsu-Higa & David Nualart, 2004. "Additional utility of insiders with imperfect dynamical information," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 437-450, 08.
- Hillairet, Caroline, 2005. "Comparison of insiders' optimal strategies depending on the type of side-information," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(10), pages 1603-1627, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.