A valuation algorithm for indifference prices in incomplete markets
AbstractA probabilistic iterative algorithm is constructed for indifference prices of claims in a multiperiod incomplete model. At each time step, a nonlinear pricing functional is applied that isolates and prices separately the two types of risk. It is represented solely in terms of risk aversion and the pricing measure, a martingale measure that preserves the conditional distribution of unhedged risks, given the hedgeable ones, from their historical counterparts. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 8 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (08)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. R. Grasselli, 2005. "Nonlinearity, correlation and the valuation of employee stock options," Papers math/0511234, arXiv.org.
- Mingxin Xu, 2006.
"Risk measure pricing and hedging in incomplete markets,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 51-71, January.
- Mingxin Xu, 2004. "Risk Measure Pricing and Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Finance 0406004, EconWPA, revised 06 Apr 2005.
- Chen, An & Pelsser, Antoon & Vellekoop, Michel, 2011. "Modeling non-monotone risk aversion using SAHARA utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(5), pages 2075-2092, September.
- Ludkovski, Michael & Young, Virginia R., 2008. "Indifference pricing of pure endowments and life annuities under stochastic hazard and interest rates," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 14-30, February.
- Traian A. Pirvu & Huayue Zhang, 2012. "A Multi Period Equilibrium Pricing Model," Papers 1205.6193, arXiv.org.
- Stadje, M.A. & Pelsser, A., 2014. "Time-Consistent and Market-Consistent Evaluations (Revised version of 2012-086)," Discussion Paper 2014-002, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.