A valuation algorithm for indifference prices in incomplete markets
AbstractA probabilistic iterative algorithm is constructed for indifference prices of claims in a multiperiod incomplete model. At each time step, a nonlinear pricing functional is applied that isolates and prices separately the two types of risk. It is represented solely in terms of risk aversion and the pricing measure, a martingale measure that preserves the conditional distribution of unhedged risks, given the hedgeable ones, from their historical counterparts. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 8 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (08)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mingxin Xu, 2006.
"Risk measure pricing and hedging in incomplete markets,"
Annals of Finance, Springer,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 51-71, January.
- Mingxin Xu, 2004. "Risk Measure Pricing and Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Finance, EconWPA 0406004, EconWPA, revised 06 Apr 2005.
- Ming Pu & Gang-Zhi Fan & Seow Ong, 2012. "Heterogeneous Agents and the Indifference Pricing of Property Index Linked Swaps," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 543-569, May.
- Stadje, M.A. & Pelsser, A., 2014. "Time-Consistent and Market-Consistent Evaluations (Revised version of 2012-086)," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2014-002, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Chen, An & Pelsser, Antoon & Vellekoop, Michel, 2011. "Modeling non-monotone risk aversion using SAHARA utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 146(5), pages 2075-2092, September.
- Traian A. Pirvu & Huayue Zhang, 2012. "A Multi Period Equilibrium Pricing Model," Papers 1205.6193, arXiv.org.
- Gang-Zhi Fan & Zsuzsa Huszár & Weina Zhang, 2013. "The Relationships between Real Estate Price and Expected Financial Asset Risk and Return: Theory and Empirical Evidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 568-595, May.
- M. R. Grasselli, 2005. "Nonlinearity, correlation and the valuation of employee stock options," Papers math/0511234, arXiv.org.
- Gang-Zhi Fan & Ming Pu & Seow Ong, 2012. "Optimal Portfolio Choices, House Risk Hedging and the Pricing of Forward House Transactions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, June.
- Ludkovski, Michael & Young, Virginia R., 2008. "Indifference pricing of pure endowments and life annuities under stochastic hazard and interest rates," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 14-30, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.