Option pricing in the presence of natural boundaries and a quadratic diffusion term (*)
AbstractThis paper uses a probabilistic change-of-numeraire technique to compute closed-form prices of European options to exchange one asset against another when the relative price of the underlying assets follows a diffusion process with natural boundaries and a quadratic diffusion coefficient. The paper shows in particular how to interpret the option price formula in terms of exercise probabilities which are calculated under the martingale measures associated with two specific numeraire portfolios. An application to the pricing of bond options and certain interest rate derivatives illustrates the main results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 1 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Note: received: January 1996; final version received: December 1996
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Carr & Travis Fisher & Johannes Ruf, 2012. "Why are quadratic normal volatility models analytically tractable?," Papers 1202.6187, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
- Christian Zuehlsdorff, 1999. "The Pricing of Derivatives on Assets with Quadratic Volatility," Discussion Paper Serie B 451, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Erik Schlögl, 2001. "Arbitrage-Free Interpolation in Models of Market Observable Interest Rates," Research Paper Series 71, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Xiu, Dacheng, 2014. "Hermite polynomial based expansion of European option prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 179(2), pages 158-177.
- Christian Zühlsdorff, 2002. "The Pricing of Derivatives on Assets with Quadratic Volatility," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse5_2002, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Christian Zuhlsdorff, 2001. "The pricing of derivatives on assets with quadratic volatility," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 235-262.
- Leif Andersen, 2011. "Option pricing with quadratic volatility: a revisit," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 191-219, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.