A Martingale Representation Result and an Application to Incomplete Financial Markets
AbstractWe establish necessary and sufficient conditions for an H-martingale to be representable with respect to a collection, of local martingales. "M" H("P") is representable if and only if "M" is a local martingale under all p.m.'s "Q" which are "uniformly equivalent" to "P" and which make all the elements of local martingales (Theorem 1.1). We then give necessary and sufficient conditions which are easier to verify, and only involve expectations (Theorem 1.2). We go on to apply these results to the problem of pricing claims in an incomplete financial market-establishing two conjectures of Harrison and Pliska(1981). Copyright 1992 Blackwell Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 2 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0960-1627
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuhn, Christoph, 2004. "Game contingent claims in complete and incomplete markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 889-902, December.
- Saul Jacka & Abdel Berkaoui, 2006. "On decomposing risk in a financial-intermediate market and reserving," Papers math/0603041, arXiv.org.
- Johannes Ruf, 2010. "Hedging under arbitrage," Papers 1003.4797, arXiv.org, revised May 2011.
- Huhtala, Heli, 2008. "Along but beyond mean-variance: Utility maximization in a semimartingale model," Research Discussion Papers 5/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Jouini, Elyès & Kallal, Hedi, 1999. "Viability and equilibrium in securities markets with frictions," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5603, Paris Dauphine University.
- Kuhn, Christoph, 2002. "Pricing contingent claims in incomplete markets when the holder can choose among different payoffs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 215-233, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.