A new approach to modeling co-movement of international equity markets: evidence of unconditional copula-based simulation of tail dependence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert F. Engle & Jeffrey R. Russell, 1998. "Autoregressive Conditional Duration: A New Model for Irregularly Spaced Transaction Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1127-1162, September.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2002. "Stationarity of stable power-GARCH processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 97-107, January.
- FranÃ§ois Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, 04.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "New Methods in Statistical Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 421.
- Muller, Ulrich A. & Dacorogna, Michel M. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V. & Schwarz, Matthias & Morgenegg, Claude, 1990. "Statistical study of foreign exchange rates, empirical evidence of a price change scaling law, and intraday analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1189-1208, December.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2006.
"Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 527-556, 05.
- Andrew Patton, 2004. "Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence," Working Papers, Warwick Business School, Finance Group wp04-04, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Hols, Martien C A B & de Vries, Casper G, 1991. "The Limiting Distribution of Extremal Exchange Rate Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 287-302, July-Sept.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1963. "Mandelbrot and the Stable Paretian Hypothesis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 420.
- Sun, Wei & Rachev, Svetlozar & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2007. "Fractals or I.I.D.: Evidence of long-range dependence and heavy tailedness from modeling German equity market returns," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 575-595.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Diebold, Francis X. & Ebens, Heiko, 2001. "The distribution of realized stock return volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 43-76, July.
- Chen, Songjiao & Wilson, William W. & Larsen, Ryan A. & Dahl, Bruce L., 2013. "Investing in Agriculture as an Asset Class," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics 147053, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Heni Boubaker & Nadia Sghaier, 2014.
"On the dynamic dependence between US and other developed stock markets: An extreme-value time-varying copula approach,"
2014-281, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Heni Boubaker & Nadia Sghaier, 2014. "On the dynamic dependence between US and other developed stock markets: An extreme-value time-varying copula approach," Working Papers 2014-094, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Boubaker, Heni & Sghaier, Nadia, 2013. "Portfolio optimization in the presence of dependent financial returns with long memory: A copula based approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 361-377.
- Jian Zhou & Yanmin Gao, 2012. "Tail Dependence in International Real Estate Securities Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 128-151, June.
- Zhu, Hui-Ming & Li, Rong & Li, Sufang, 2014. "Modelling dynamic dependence between crude oil prices and Asia-Pacific stock market returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 208-223.
- Reboredo, Juan C., 2011. "How do crude oil prices co-move?: A copula approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 948-955, September.
- Reboredo, Juan C., 2012. "Modelling oil price and exchange rate co-movements," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 419-440.
- Luca Riccetti, 2013. "A copulaâ€“GARCH model for macro asset allocation of a portfolio with commodities," Empirical Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1315-1336, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.