Labor markets and regional transportation improvements: the case of high-speed trains An introduction and review
AbstractLabor market issues are reviewed in terms of mobility and policy resulting from transportation improvements. Research on Meso level regional adjustment versus micro level search processes are reviewed. A spatial interaction approach to assessing changes in regional access and regional industrial mix is outlined. Hypotheses with respect to transportation and labor markets are discussed. Empirical evidence of the impact of high-speed rail on labor markets and their structure is reviewed. Conclusions are drawn and new research questions are identified.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 31 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Note: Received: May 1996 / Accepted in revised form: February 1997
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jasper Willigers & Han Floor & Bert Van Wee, 2005. "High-speed rail’s impact on the location of office employment within the Dutch Randstad area," ERSA conference papers ersa05p308, European Regional Science Association.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Ginés, 2009. "Some stylized facts about high-speed rail: A review of HSR experiences around the world," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 19-28, January.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Gines & Barron, Ignacio, 2007. "A review of HSR experiences around the world," MPRA Paper 12397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Concepción Román, 2008. "Competencia intermodal en el corredor Madrid-Zaragoza-Barcelona ante la introducción del tren de alta velocidad," Economic Reports 11-08, FEDEA.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Gines & Barron, Iñaki, 2007. "The cost of building and operating a new high speed rail line," MPRA Paper 12396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.