A comparison of the multipliers of IMPLAN, REMI, and RIMS II: Benchmarking ready-made models for comparison
AbstractThe IMPLAN, REMI and RIMS II regional input-output models are used extensively in regional policy analysis. Yet, no study exists that compares all three models. Therefore, this study compares the multipliers of these three models for Clark County, Nevada. It is found that the multipliers of the default versions of the models delivered by the vendors significantly differ across models. Benchmarked versions of the models are obtained by controlling for differences in closure rules and techniques used to regionalize national input-output coefficients. The multipliers of the benchmarked versions generally do not significantly differ. Thus, conclusions can be reached about what differences exist between the multipliers of the three models and why. Moreover, the method used to benchmark the models for comparison provides users of these models with the potential to improve their model.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 29 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Note: Received: September 1993 / Accepted in revised form: May 1995
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo Gazel & R. Schwer, 1997. "Beyond Rock and Roll: The Economic Impact of the Grateful Dead on a Local Economy," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 41-55, March.
- TamÃ¡s Dusek & MiklÃ³s Lukovics & Patrick Bohl, 2011. "The economic impact of the Budapest Airport on the local economy," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1228, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.