Reputation-Based Governance of Public Works
AbstractI propose a governance model of public works that relies on an Internet-based "reputation system". Reputation-based governance of public works is an application of a broader reputation-based governance model, and it inherits its general implications. In particular, it allows for the routine production of statistics that are useful for monitoring purposes, and it provides a coherent framework to limit rent-seeking and corruption.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 96 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January-February)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gian Enrico Casartelli, 2010. "Adquisición de servicios de consultoría: Guías para una regulación eficiente," IDB Publications 71698, Inter-American Development Bank.
- L. Picci, 2007. "The Reputational Budget and its Uses," Working Papers 587, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A. & Naretta, Michael A., 2012. "The internet as an indicator of corruption awareness," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 64-75.
- Picci, Lucio, 2006.
"Misurare l'E-Government: il caso italiano
[Measuring E-government: the Italian case]," MPRA Paper 3343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- R. Confalonieri & C. Leoni & L. Picci, 2007. "Rebag-Ware: Reputation-based Governance of Public Works," Working Papers 586, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.