Testing Market Efficiency Via Decomposition Of Stock Return. Application To Romanian Capital Market
AbstractIn this paper we are investigating the market efficiency using a model which decomposes the stock return into two components: a stochastic trend and a white noise component. This model is tested for the Romanian Capital Market, considering the time series of BET (Bucharest Exchange Trade) Index. The conclusion is that for our data sample we cannot reject the efficient market hypothesis for Romanian Capital Market. Classificaefficient market hypothesis, random walk, stochastic trend, ARIMA models, Romanian Capital Market, BET.tion-JEL: C42, G14
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 5 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dan Anghel, 2013. "How Reliable is the Moving Average Crossover Rule for an Investor on the Romanian Stock Market?," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 5(2), pages 089-115, December.
- Bogdan Dima & Laura Raisa Milos, 2009. "Testing The Efficiency Market Hypothesis For The Romanian Stock Market," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(11), pages 41.
- Panait, Iulian & Diaconescu, Tiberiu, 2012.
"Particularități ale aplicării teoriei moderne a portofoliului in cazul acțiunilor listate la Bursa de Valori București
[Particularities of applying Modern Portfolio Theory on the Romanian capi," MPRA Paper 44248, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.