Particularități ale aplicării teoriei moderne a portofoliului in cazul acțiunilor listate la Bursa de Valori București
[Particularities of applying Modern Portfolio Theory on the Romanian capital market]
AbstractThis paper studies the particularities of portfolio selection on the Romanian stock market using the risk-return maximization criteria introduced by Harry Markowitz (1952). We used daily prices for the 36 most liquid companies traded on Bucharest Stock Exchange during January 2010 – March 2012 and we emphasized the shape and the characteristics of the sets of possible combinations of N out of the total 36 selected assets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44248.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 2012
Date of revision:
stock returns; portfolio; emerging stock markets; expected return; variance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agmon, Tamir & Lessard, Donald R, 1977. "Investor Recognition of Corporate International Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1049-55, September.
- Pele, Daniel Traian & Voineagu, Virgil, 2008. "Testing Market Efficiency Via Decomposition Of Stock Return. Application To Romanian Capital Market," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(3), pages 63-79, September.
- John L. Evans & Stephen H. Archer, 1968. "Diversification And The Reduction Of Dispersion: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(5), pages 761-767, December.
- Solnik, Bruno, 1983. " International Arbitrage Pricing Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 449-57, May.
- Hughes, John S. & Logue, Dennis E. & Sweeney, Richard James, 1975. "Corporate International Diversification and Market Assigned Measures of Risk and Diversification," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 627-637, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.