Regional Origin Of Manufacturing Exports: Inter-State Patterns In India
AbstractRegardless of exports’ increasing roles in national and state level economic growth performance, there are hardly any studies that analyze inter-state disparities in export activities. Constructing a unique dataset from a variety of published and unpublished sources of information, the study has estimated state level manufacturing exports for 1991–2008. It is the first ever attempt on estimating state level exports focusing on plant information. The estimation derived with reference to plant size information and covering majority of sub-national entities in India, has offered preliminary but useful findings for furthering policy understanding on inter-state disparities in firms’ export activities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by JRDP in its journal Journal of Regional Development and Planning.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Journal of Regional Development and Planning, c/o Rajarshi Majumder, University of Burdwan, Golapbag, Burdwan, INDIA - 713104
Web page: http://www.jrdp.in
Manufacturing exports; India; Regional Disparity; Foreign Trade;
Other versions of this item:
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash & Das, Keshab, 2012. "Regional Origin of Manufacturing Exports: Inter-State Patterns in India," MPRA Paper 41801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guerrieri, Paolo & Milana, Carlo, 1995. "Changes and Trends in the World Trade in High-Technology Products," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 225-42, February.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan & Mohammad Zohair & Mallikarjun V. Alagawadi, 2013.
"Regional Policies, Firm Characteristics and Exporting in the Indian State of Karnataka,"
Foreign Trade Review,
, vol. 48(1), pages 45-81, February.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash & Zohair, Mohammad & Alagawadi, Mallikarjun V., 2012. "Regional Policies, Firm Characteristics, and Exporting in the Indian State of Karnataka," MPRA Paper 40717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Aggarwal, 2002. "Liberalisation, Multinational Enterprises and Export Performance: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 119-137.
- Bibek Raychaudhuri & Debottam Chakraborty, 2010. "Export Potential at the State-Level; A Case Study of Karnataka," Working Papers 1002, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rajarshi Majumder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.