Some Empirical Evidence on the Relationship Between Acquisitions, Disposals and the Stock Market
AbstractBased on empirical studies and theoretical evidence the paper investigates the relationship between inward and outward acquisitions and disposals in the UK and the UK stock market described by the FTSE all-share index. By using the Granger causality test for both the numbers and value of acquisitions and disposals the research results suggest that for the market and period considered, one way relationships are present.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest in its journal Romanian Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 33 ((3))
inward and outward acquisitions; disposals; granger causality; stock market index;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guerard, John Jr., 1989. "Mergers, stock prices, and industrial production : Further evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 161-164, August.
- Martynova, Marina & Renneboog, Luc, 2008. "A century of corporate takeovers: What have we learned and where do we stand?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2148-2177, October.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.