Networks of Firms and Local Territory: A Comment
AbstractBased on the volume edited by Alberto Zazzaro (2010), this work offers a series of reflections on the evolution of industrial clusters – in particular, showing that the advantages of agglomeration (the so-called district effect) tend to weaken with the passing of time – and on the capacity of networks of firms to compensate for the handicap of small size. The article recalls some of the problems with firms’ networks while considering the part that network organization can play in attaining the firms’ objectives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Network of firms; Industrial district; Firms’ behaviour;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Accetturo Antonio & Giunta Anna & Rossi Salvatore, 2011.
"The Italian Firms between Crisis and the new Globalization,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 145-164.
- Antonio Accetturo & Anna Giunta & Salvatore Rossi, 2011. "The Italian firms between crisis and the new globalization," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 86, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Matteo Gomellini & Giacinto Micucci & Marcello Pagnini, 2012.
"Mapping local productivity advantages in Italy: industrial districts, cities or both?,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
850, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Marcello Pagnini & Valter Di Giacinto & Giacinto Micucci & Matteo Gomellini, 2011. "Mapping Local Productivity Advantages In Italy: Industrial Districts, Cities Or Both?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1806, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.