Serendipity as a Mechanism of Change and its Potential for Explaining Change Processes
AbstractSerendipity plays an important role in science and technology development. This article investigates serendipity as a potential mechanism of change in management areas such as technology management, strategy and organization. The mechanism will be described and conditions that support or hinder the mechanism will be discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Management Revue - The international Review of Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 20 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executive Compensation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.