Establishing and restructuring marketing channels: An exploratory study of a Taiwanese company in Russia
AbstractThe rise of emerging markets not only provides opportunities for business growth but also for academic researchers to explore different paradigms in international marketing activities. This article details a case study of how a Taiwanese mother board company establishes and re-structures marketing channels in Russia over three developmental stages: entry, accelerating growth and decelerating growth stages. The findings reflect that market mechanism cannot be fully developed in the entry and accelerating growth stages due to obstacles to distributor selection and limited resources of supplier. Different growth speeds between channels necessitate the supplier to re-structure its channel partnerships.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 14 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Pages: 86 - 104
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- M3 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- N75 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Asia including Middle East
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.