How to make suger production more effective: A case of Ukraine
AbstractThe article is devoted to the analysis of efficiency of sugar companies of Ukraine and the ways of its improving. The decreasing return to scale and scale inefficiency for the majority of sugar companies are determined. The main factors of sugar plants inefficiency are defined. Developed benchmarking has revealed significant reserves of reduction of the basic inputs and potential growth of efficiency. In comparison with foreign companies the Ukrainian sugar plants have smaller material capacity of production and stuff cost, considerably lower labour and capital productivities. The recommendations for proprietors and managers of sugar companies for making of decisions on improving of efficiency are made.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 14 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Pages: 105 - 123
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- M20 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anatoliy G. Goncharuk, 2014. "Measuring Enterprise Performance to Achieve Managerial Goals," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 3(1), pages 8-14.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.