Decentramento e mercato del debito pubblico locale
AbstractNew opportunities and risks arise from the growing role of Italian local governments as public debt issuers on credit and financial markets. The paper analyzes the present institutional framework, and characterizes a reform implementing a stable and efficient "market" for the Italian local governments' debt (based on three pillars: bonds, bank loans and loans by the Cassa Depositi e Prestiti) compatible with the ongoing fiscal decentralization process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal Moneta e Credito.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 228 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H74 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Borrowing
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ludger Schuknecht, 2001. "The Implementation of the Stability and Growth Pact," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, OECD Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 81-116.
- Orazio Mastroeni, 2001. "Pfandbrief-style products in Europe," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The changing shape of fixed income markets: a collection of studies by central bank economists, volume 5, pages 44-66 Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.