A Blueprint for Sovereign Wealth Fund Best Practices
Abstract[eng] In this article, the author presents a blueprint for sovereign wealth fund (SWF) best practices. This blueprint is based on a scoreboard for the current practices of 44 SWFs. The blueprint in turn provides a basis for evaluating the results of the IMF - sponsored dialogue on SWF best practices. The author concludes this paper with a few observations on implementing SWF best practices. . JEL Classification : F30, G29, G34
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Programme National Persée in its journal Revue d'économie financière (English ed.).
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/revue/ecofi
Other versions of this item:
- Edwin M. Truman, 2008. "A Blueprint for Sovereign Wealth Fund Best Practices," Policy Briefs PB08-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jason Kotter & Ugur Lel, 2008. "Friends or foes? The stock price impact of sovereign wealth fund investments and the price of keeping secrets," International Finance Discussion Papers 940, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Aizenman, Joshua & Glick, Reuven, 2010.
"Asset Class Diversification and Delegation of Responsibilities between Central Banks and Sovereign Wealth Funds,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt5ps238ph, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2010. "Asset class diversification and delegation of responsibilities between central banks and sovereign wealth funds," Working Paper Series 2010-20, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2010. "Asset Class Diversification and Delegation of Responsibilities between Central Banks and Sovereign Wealth Funds," NBER Working Papers 16392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bao Ngoc Dinh, 2011. "The impact of Sovereign Wealth Fund investments on the performance of listed companies," Post-Print halshs-00658489, HAL.
- Artur Grigoryan, 2011. "Incentives and the Delegation of Decision Making Power in Sovereign Wealth Funds," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201117, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Alexander Dyck & Adair Morse, 2011. "Sovereign Wealth Fund Portfolios," Working Papers 2011-003, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- David Kemme, 2012. "Soverign Wealth Fund Issues and the National Fund(s) of Kazakhstan," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1036, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kotter, Jason & Lel, Ugur, 2011. "Friends or foes? Target selection decisions of sovereign wealth funds and their consequences," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 360-381, August.
- Zhang Yuxuan & He Fancass, 2008. "China's Sovereign Wealth Fund : Weakness and Challenges," Finance Working Papers 22836, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2008.
"Sovereign Wealth Funds: Stylized Facts about their Determinants and Governance,"
NBER Working Papers
14562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2009. "Sovereign Wealth Funds: Stylized Facts about their Determinants and Governance," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 351-386, December.
- Joshua Aizenman & Reuven Glick, 2008. "Sovereign wealth funds: stylized facts about their determinants and governance," Working Paper Series 2008-33, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Glick, Reuven, 2008. "Sovereign Wealth Funds: Stylized Facts about their Determinants and Governance," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1fj4b203, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Ashby H. B. Monk, 2008. "Is CalPERS a Sovereign Wealth Fund?," Issues in Brief ib2008-8-21, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2008.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L. & Han, Xi & Malatesta, Paul H., 2010. "Firm values and sovereign wealth fund investments," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 256-278, November.
- Zhang Yu Xuan & He Fan, 2008. "China's Sovereign Wealth Fund : Weakness and Challenges," Development Economics Working Papers 21985, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Knill, April M. & Lee, Bong Soo & Mauck, Nathan, 2012. "Sovereign wealth fund investment and the return-to-risk performance of target firms," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 315-340.
- Heiko Hesse & Tao Sun, 2009. "Sovereign Wealth Funds and Financial Stability-An Event Study Analysis," IMF Working Papers 09/239, International Monetary Fund.
- Artur Grigoryan, 2011. "Incentives and the delegation of decision making power in sovereign wealth funds," Volkswirtschaftliche DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 146-11, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Alexander James, 2013. "US State Fiscal Policy and Natural Resources," Economics Series Working Papers OxCarre Research Paper 12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Schalast, Christoph & Tiemann, Marcel & Tuppi, Pascal, 2009. "Staatsfonds - neue Akteure an den Finanzmärkten?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 114, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.