Between Intelligence and Espionage in the Contemporary Business Environment
AbstractThe growing use of technology as a fundamental tool for knowledge management has obliged the business world to adapt to the information revolution era. Competitive intelligence is the new management tool companies are using for ensuring positive results both on the short and the long term. The following research paper starts by revealing the needs that companies respond to when implementing competitive intelligence and continues with a summary of the main techniques used by businesses to develop an intelligent market approach. The paper also offers a brief description of corporate espionage practices, underlining the differences between these and the competitive intelligence techniques. A case study showing the way that competitive intelligence is implemented in practice is being offered. Conclusions refer to the main differences between corporate espionage and competitive intelligence as well as the driving forces determining the need for acquiring knowledge on competitive intelligence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Ekonomika a Management.
Volume (Year): 2008 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Postal: Redakce Ekonomika a management, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muntean, Mihaela, 2012. "Business Intelligence Approaches," MPRA Paper 41139, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Jun 2012.
- Rodenberg, J.H.A.M., 2008. "Competitive Intelligence and Senior Management," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9789059721920, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.