Strategic planning practice in transition economies: Empirical evidence from the Macedonian context
AbstractThe aim of this study is to examine a wider list of factors (business structure, management structure and environmental factors), whose impact on the strategic planning in the private sector has been investigated. A total of 212 questionnaires were collected from different size, age, industry type and ownership enterprises working in the private sector in Republic of Macedonia. In order to analyze the variables that are determinants of the strategic planning, multiple linear regression was used. The business size, business control, intention to change the operations and business flexibility are very important factors in the enterprises that have a significant correlation with the strategic planning incidence. The importance of this study lays in its contribution to all past studies and research referring to this subject in transition and emerging countries, with emphasis on the case of the Republic of Macedonia as a transition economy, as well as in the examination of a wider list of factors whose impact on the strategic planning was examined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Prague Development Center in its journal Business and Economic Horizons (BEH).
Volume (Year): 4 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://academicpublishingplatforms.com/journal.php?journal=BEH
More information through EDIRC
Strategic planning; enterprises; transition economies; Macedonia.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Risseeuw, Peter & Masurel, Enno, 1994. " The Role of Planning in Small Firms: Empirical Evidence from a Service Industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 313-22, August.
- Greenley, Gordon E., 1994. "Strategic planning and company performance: An appraisal of the empirical evidence," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 383-396, December.
- Rudd, John M. & Greenley, Gordon E. & Beatson, Amanda T. & Lings, Ian N., 2008. "Strategic planning and performance: Extending the debate," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 99-108, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaroslav Holecek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.