An Issue-Area Approach to the Analysis of MNE-Government Relations
AbstractThis article presents an issue-area approach to the analysis of relations between multinational enterprises and governments. The concept of issue-areas is drawn from a body of political science literature that has been neglected in the literature of international business. The central theme of the analysis is that business-government relations vary systematically across issue-areas in their interactions and outcomes. An issue-area typology from the political science literature is applied to MNE-government relations concerning inbound foreign direct investment in the United States. The article adopts a heuristic approach, as is appropriate in this first stage in the development of an issue-area theory of MNE-government relations.© 1992 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1992) 23, 295–309
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 23 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 2001. "Globalisation, multinational enterprises and European integration," MPRA Paper 17972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1998. "International Competitiveness, Multinational Enterprise Technology Clubs and the Government Interface," MPRA Paper 17983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keillor, Bruce D. & Wilkinson, Timothy J. & Owens, Deborah, 2005. "Threats to international operations: dealing with political risk at the firm level," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 629-635, May.
- Zheng Xiaosong & Zhang Jinming, 2011. "Factors Influencing International Joint Venture Performance in China," Annals - Economic and Administrative Series -, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 5(1), pages 167-184, December.
- Rizopoulos, Yorgos A. & Sergakis, Dimitrios E., 2010. "MNEs and policy networks: Institutional embeddedness and strategic choice," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 250-256, July.
- Luo, Yadong, 2004. "A coopetition perspective of MNC-host government relations," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 431-451.
- Eden, Lorraine & Molot, Maureen Appel, 2002. "Insiders, outsiders and host country bargains," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 359-388.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.