A Note on the Export Behavior of Firms: Exporter Profiles
AbstractExport profiles are combinations of objectives characteristics associated with exporting or with not exporting. This note presents empirically derived exporters profiles and evidence regarding their correspondence with firms' actual export behavior. An exploratory path model of export behavior is developed also from the profile data.© 1979 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1979) 10, 91–104
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 10 (1979)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Preece, Stephen B. & Miles, Grant & Baetz, Mark C., 1999. "Explaining the international intensity and global diversity of early-stage technology-based firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 259-281, May.
- Petersen, Bent & Pedersen, Torben, 1999. "Fast and slow resource commitment to foreign markets: What causes the difference?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 73-91.
- Axinn, Catherine N. & Savitt, Ron & Sinkula, James M. & Thach, Sharon V., 1995. "Export intention, beliefs, and behaviors in smaller industrial firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 49-55, January.
- Dosoglu-Guner, Berrin, 2001. "Can organizational behavior explain the export intention of firms? The effects of organizational culture and ownership type," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 71-89, February.
- Javalgi, Rajshekhar G. & Lawson, Diana & Gross, Andrew C. & White, D. Steven, 1998. "Firm characteristics and export propensity: a comparison of manufacturers and manufacturing-based service providers," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 521-534, October.
- Boehe, Dirk Michael, 2011. "Collaborate at home to win abroad: How does access to local network resources influence export behavior?," Insper Working Papers wpe_248, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Javalgi, Rajshekhar G. & White, D. Steven & Lee, Oscar, 2000. "Firm Characteristics Influencing Export Propensity: An Empirical Investigation by Industry Type," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 217-228, March.
- Hagen, James M. & Santos, Carlos A., 1999. "Analysis of the Global Competitiveness of Northeastern Food Firms: Experience and Interest in Foreign Activity," Research Bulletins 122678, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Uner, M. Mithat & Kocak, Akin & Cavusgil, Erin & Cavusgil, Salih Tamer, 2013. "Do barriers to export vary for born globals and across stages of internationalization? An empirical inquiry in the emerging market of Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 800-813.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.