Growth-Oriented Adjustment Programs: A Conceptual Framework
AbstractA conceptual framework is proposed as an input to the design of growth-oriented adjustment programs. The two building blocks of the model are the well-known monetary approach to the balance of payments and a variant of the open-economy neoclassical growth model. The integrated model combines growth, inflation, and the balance of payments and links these objectives to government policies and the availability of foreign financing. The principal advantage of the framework is its simple structure, which enables it to be applied relatively easily to a variety of developing countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Staff Papers - International Monetary Fund.
Volume (Year): 36 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 1990.
"A Model of Adjustment and Growth: An Empirical Analysis,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 168-182, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1991. "A model of adjustment and growth: An empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 13233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1989. "A model of adjustment and growth: An empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 14101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1990. "“A Model of Adjustment and Growth," MPRA Paper 8145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brigitte Granville & Sushanta Mallick*, 2006. "Integrating poverty reduction in IMF-World Bank Models," Working Papers id:502, eSocialSciences.
- E. V. K. Fitzgerald, 1992. "Private Sector Investment and Savings Behaviour: The Policy Implications of Capital Account Disaggregation," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 491-510.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.