Empirical Analysis of Limit Order Markets
AbstractWe provide empirical restrictions of a model of optimal order submissions in a limit order market. A trader's optimal order submission depends on the trader's valuation for the asset and the trade-offs between order prices, execution probabilities and picking off risks. The optimal order submission strategy is a monotone function of a trader's valuation for the asset. We test the monotonicity restriction in a sample of order submissions and their realized outcomes from the Stockholm Stock Exchange. We do not reject the monotonicity restriction for buy orders or sell orders considered separately, but reject the monotonicity restriction for buy and sell orders considered jointly. Copyright 2004, Wiley-Blackwell.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal The Review of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 71 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bayar, Onur, 2013. "Liquidity provision in a limit order book without adverse selection," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 98-124.
- Jung-Wook Kim & Jason Lee & Randall Morck, 2009. "Characteristics of Observed Limit Order Demand and Supply Schedules for Individual Stocks," NBER Working Papers 14733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sperl, Miriam, 2008. "Quantifying the efficiency of the Xetra LOB market: Detailed recipe," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/21, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Anna Obizhaeva & Jiang Wang, 2005. "Optimal Trading Strategy and Supply/Demand Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 11444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rama Cont & Adrien De Larrard, 2013. "Price Dynamics in a Markovian Limit Order Market," Post-Print hal-00552252, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.