Vocational Training and the European Community
AbstractThis paper investigates EC policy towards vocational training and retraining. A disctinction is drawn between assistance offered to member state programs and support for community-level measures proper. Financial flows to the former dominate but it is shown that such large-scale external funding might simply replace national spending and, hence, have little impact on net. The plethora of supranational training programs and initiatives, also identified in the paper, are shown to depend for their success on the availability of reliable manpower planning instruments and effective redistribution. Copyright 1994 by Royal Economic Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 46 (1994)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://oep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dar, Amit & Gill, Indermit S, 1998. "Evaluating Retraining Programs in OECD Countries: Lessons Learned," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 79-101, February.
- Siebert, W. Stanley, 2006. "Labour Market Regulation in the EU-15: Causes and Consequences – A Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 2430, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Floreani, Vincent Arthur, 2014. "Fixing Europe's youth unemployment and skills mismatch, can public financial support to SMEs be effective? The case of the European Commission and European Investment Bank joint initiatives," MPRA Paper 55849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Booth, Alison L. & Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Leuven, Edwin, 2005. "Workplace Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 1640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Liliane Bonnal & David Clément & Sylvie Mendes, 2005. "Access To a First Job in The 1990s: The Case of Apprentices and Secondary School Pupils," Economie et Statistique, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, vol. 378, pages 35-53, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.