Modelling the EU sugar supply to assess sectoral policy reforms
AbstractWe investigate the possible linkages between the EU sugar production under quota and the supply of C sugar. We calibrate the implicit cross-subsidy between in-quota sugar and out-of-quota sugar. The resulting supply specification is included in a computable general equilibrium model of the EU economy detailing the agricultural sector. We simulate the effects of the 2006 reform of the EU sugar regime and the effects of a ban on sugar export subsidies. Results suggest that the reform makes it possible to fill the requirements of the 2005 World Trade Organisation panel but that further adjustment will be needed to eliminate all export subsidies as is scheduled for 2013. Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Alexandre Gohin & Jean-Christophe Bureau, 2006. "Modelling the EU sugar supply to assess sectoral policy reforms," Working Papers 15464, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anania, Giovanni, 2007. "Multilateral Negotiations, Preferential Trade Agreements and the CAP. What's Ahead?," Working Papers 7283, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Alexandre Gohin, 2008. "La sélection des produits agricoles sensibles : le cas européen," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 87(2), pages 49-76.
- Giovanni Anania, 2007. "Multilateral trade negotiations, preferential trade agreements and European Union’s agricultural policies," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 3, July.
- Renwick, Alan W. & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Philippidis, George & Bourne, Michael & Reader, Mark A. & Lang, Ben, 2012. "Sugar and Spice and all things nice? Assessing the Impact of the 2006 EU sugar regime reforms," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 134706, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Kristkova, Zuzana & Ratinger, Tomas, 2012. "Impact of the CAP Ìs Second Pillar Budget Reform on the Czech Economy," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(4), December.
- KÅ™ÃstkovÃ¡, Z. & Ratinger, T., 2013. "Modelling the Efficiency of Agri-Environmental Payments to Czech Agriculture in a CGE Framework Incorporating Public Goods Approach," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 5(2), June.
- Buysse, Jeroen & Van der Straeten, Bart & Claeys, Dakerlia & Lauwers, Ludwig H. & Marchand, Fleur L. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2008. "Flexible quota constraints in positive mathematical programming models," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6640, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Grethe, Harald & Nolte, Stephan & Banse, Martin, 2008. "Modelling The Effects Of Eu Sugar Market Liberalization On Area Allocation, Production And Trade," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6329, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Barry Ness, 2011. "An Intergrated Sustainability Assessment of the Swedish Sugar Production System from a Life-Cycle Perspective: 2003-2015," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 9(1), pages 23-38.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.