Electronic Information Systems and Farmer Decision Making: Five Case Studies
AbstractIn-depth interviews with four farmers and one grain purchaser currently using electronic information are used to explore the impact of electronic information systems on decision-making. Key findings are that the most successful users had articulated information needs, had an adequate store of human capital, used electronic information either to save time or to become more efficient with time, and had at least an informal overall management information system in their business. Thus, successful users found that use of an electronic information system improved decision-making. Copyright 1992 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Jong-Sun & Cameron, Donald, 2013. "Typology of farm management decision-making research," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 2(2), January.
- Josep M. ArgilÃ©s & Eric J. Slof, 2000. "New opportunities for farm accounting," Economics Working Papers 497, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Josep Maria Argiles & Eric John Slof, 2001. "New opportunities for farm accounting," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 361-383.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.