AbstractThis paper extends W. J. Adams and J. L. Yellen's (1976) well-known mixed-bundling pricing model by examining the case of sellers pricing bundles of goods or services at a premium relative to the prices charged on bundle components; that is, sellers price discriminate by charging more, rather than less, at the margin for bundles relative to components. The analysis demonstrates that sellers can, and perhaps do, employ premium bundling by the skillful use of cents-off coupons, rebates, or direct knowledge of their customers. Copyright 1991 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Economic Inquiry.
Volume (Year): 29 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://ei.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uri Ben-Zion & Aharon Hibshoosh & Uriel Spiegel, 2000. "Price Discrimination by Coupons Restriction," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 325-331.
- Andrea Mantovani & Jan Vandekerckhove, 2012.
"The strategic interplay between bundling and merging in complementary markets,"
2012/10, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- A. Mantovani & J. Vandekerckhove, 2012. "The strategic interplay between bundling and merging in complementary markets," Working Papers wp814, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Andrea Mantovani, 2013.
"The Strategic Effect of Bundling: A New Perspective,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 25-43, February.
- A. Mantovani, 2010. "The strategic effect of bundling: a new perspective," Working Papers 705, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.