Kernel stick-breaking processes
AbstractWe propose a class of kernel stick-breaking processes for uncountable collections of dependent random probability measures. The process is constructed by first introducing an infinite sequence of random locations. Independent random probability measures and beta-distributed random weights are assigned to each location. Predictor-dependent random probability measures are then constructed by mixing over the locations, with stick-breaking probabilities expressed as a kernel multiplied by the beta weights. Some theoretical properties of the process are described, including a covariate-dependent prediction rule. A retrospective Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithm is developed for posterior computation, and the methods are illustrated using a simulated example and an epidemiological application. Copyright 2008, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Biometrika Trust in its journal Biometrika.
Volume (Year): 95 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://biomet.oxfordjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pati, Debdeep & Dunson, David B. & Tokdar, Surya T., 2013. "Posterior consistency in conditional distribution estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 456-472.
- Fuentes-García, Ruth & Mena, Ramsés H. & Walker, Stephen G., 2009. "A nonparametric dependent process for Bayesian regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 1112-1119, April.
- Pelenis, Justinas, 2012. "Bayesian Semiparametric Regression," Economics Series 285, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Norets, Andriy & Pelenis, Justinas, 2012. "Bayesian modeling of joint and conditional distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 332-346.
- Igor Prünster & Matteo Ruggiero, 2011. "A Bayesian nonparametric approach to modeling market share dynamics," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 217, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Yeonseung Chung & David Dunson, 2011. "The local Dirichlet process," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 63(1), pages 59-80, February.
- Ilenia Epifani & Antonio Lijoi, 2009. "Nonparametric Priors for Vectors of Survival Functions," Quaderni di Dipartimento 098, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Stefano Favaro & Antonio Lijoi & Igor Prünster, 2012. "On the stick–breaking representation of normalized inverse Gaussian priors," DEM Working Papers Series 008, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Hatjispyros, Spyridon J. & Nicoleris, Theodoros & Walker, Stephen G., 2011. "Dependent mixtures of Dirichlet processes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 2011-2025, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.