Nonparametric Priors for Vectors of Survival Functions
AbstractThe paper proposes a new nonparametric prior for two–dimensional vectors of survival functions (S1, S2). The definition we introduce is based on the notion of L´evy copula and it will be used to model, in a nonparametric Bayesian framework, two–sample survival data. Such an application will yield a natural extension of the more familiar neutral to the right process of Doksum (1974) adopted for drawing inferences on single survival functions. We, then, obtain a description of the posterior distribution of (S1, S2), conditionally on possibly right–censored data. As a by–product of our analysis, we find out that the marginal distribution of a pair of observations from the two samples coincides with the Marshall–Olkin or the Weibull distribution according to specific choices of the marginal L´evy measures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods in its series Quaderni di Dipartimento with number 098.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: May 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via S. Felice, 5 - 27100 Pavia
Web page: http://dipartimenti.unipv.eu/on-dip/epmq/Home.html
More information through EDIRC
Bayesian nonparametrics; Completely random measures; Dependent stable processes; L´evy copulas; Posterior distribution; Right–censored data; Survival function;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Griffin, J.E. & Steel, M.F.J., 2006. "Order-Based Dependent Dirichlet Processes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 179-194, March.
- RodrÃguez, Abel & Dunson, David B & Gelfand, Alan E, 2008. "The Nested Dirichlet Process," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(483), pages 1131-1154.
- De Iorio, Maria & Muller, Peter & Rosner, Gary L. & MacEachern, Steven N., 2004. "An ANOVA Model for Dependent Random Measures," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 205-215, January.
- Walker, Stephen & Muliere, Pietro, 2003. "A bivariate Dirichlet process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-7, August.
- Antonio Lijoi & Igor Pruenster & Stephen G. Walker, 2008. "Posterior analysis for some classes of nonparametric models," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 05-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Pierpaolo De Blasi & Giovanni Peccati & Igor Prünster, 2009. "Asymptotics for posterior hazards," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 122, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- David B. Dunson & Ju-Hyun Park, 2008. "Kernel stick-breaking processes," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(2), pages 307-323.
- Nieto-Barajas, Luis E. & Walker, Stephen G., 2007. "A Bayesian semi-parametric bivariate failure time model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6102-6113, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Bonomolo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.