Generalised likelihood ratio tests for spectral density
AbstractThere are few techniques available for testing whether or not a family of parametric times series models fits a set of data reasonably well without serious restrictions on the forms of alternative models. In this paper, we consider generalised likelihood ratio tests of whether or not the spectral density function of a stationary time series admits certain parametric forms. We propose a bias correction method for the generalised likelihood ratio test of Fan et al. (2001). In particular, our methods can be applied to test whether or not a residual series is white noise. Sampling properties of the proposed tests are established. A bootstrap approach is proposed for estimating the null distribution of the test statistics. Simulation studies investigate the accuracy of the proposed bootstrap estimate and compare the power of the various ways of constructing the generalised likelihood ratio tests as well as some classic methods like the Cramer--von Mises and Ljung--Box tests. Our results favour the newly proposed bias reduction method using the local likelihood estimator. Copyright Biometrika Trust 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Biometrika Trust in its journal Biometrika.
Volume (Year): 91 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://biomet.oxfordjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sonia Díaz & José Vilar, 2010. "Comparing Several Parametric and Nonparametric Approaches to Time Series Clustering: A Simulation Study," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 333-362, November.
- Wenceslao González-Manteiga & Rosa Crujeiras, 2013. "An updated review of Goodness-of-Fit tests for regression models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 361-411, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.