Statistical inference for the index parameter in single-index models
AbstractIn this paper, we are concerned with statistical inference for the index parameter in the single-index model . Based on the estimates obtained by the local linear method, we extend the generalized likelihood ratio test to the single-index model. We investigate the asymptotic behaviour of the proposed test and demonstrate that its limiting null distribution follows a [chi]2-distribution, with the scale constant and the number of degrees of freedom being independent of nuisance parameters or functions, which is called the Wilks phenomenon. A simulated example is used to illustrate the performance of the testing approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Tsybakov, A. B., 1993.
"How sensitive are average derivatives?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 31-48, July.
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A., 1991. "How sensitive are average derivates ?," CORE Discussion Papers 1991044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hardle, W.K. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992. "How sensitive are average derivatives?," Discussion Paper 1992-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992. "How Sensitive are Average Derivatives?," Papers 9208, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Fan, Jianqing & Jiang, Jiancheng, 2005. "Nonparametric Inferences for Additive Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 890-907, September.
- Jianqing Fan, 2004. "Generalised likelihood ratio tests for spectral density," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(1), pages 195-209, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.