Effects of the Internal Wage on Output Supply: A Structural Estimation for Japanese Rice Farmers
AbstractThe “shadow” or “internal” wage plays a crucial role, via the “internal wage effect,” in models of agricultural households with absent or constrained off-farm wage employment. To verify its empirical relevance, parameters of the production and welfare functions are estimated for Japanese rice farmers. It is inferred from this structural estimation that their off-farm wage employment is actually constrained and that the “internal wage effect” of changes in the price of rice significantly influences their supply of rice. Copyright 1999, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 81 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henning, Christian H.C.A. & Henningsen, Arne, 2005. "Modeling Price Response of Farm Households Under Imperfect Labor Markets: A Farm Household Approach to Family Farms in Poland," 94th Seminar, April 9-10, 2005, Ashford, UK 24431, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Arcand, Jean-Louis & d'Hombres, Beatrice, 2006.
"Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models and Unobservable Household-Specific Effects,"
1863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Béatrice D'Hombres, 2011. "Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models and Unobservable Household-Specific Effects," Working Papers halshs-00557188, HAL.
- Béatrice D'HOMBRES & Jean-Louis ARCAND, 2006. "Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models and Unobservable Household-Specific Effects," Working Papers 200632, CERDI.
- Glauben, Thomas & Henning, Christian H.C.A. & Henningsen, Arne, 2003.
"Farm household decisions under various tax policies: Comparative static results and evidence from household data,"
FE Working Papers
0309, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Henningsen, Arne & Glauben, Thomas & Henning, Christian H.C.A., 2003. "Farm Household Decisions Under Various Tax Policies: Comparative Static Results And Evidence From Household Data," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25889, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi, 2012. "Development of land rental market and its effect on household farming in rural China : an empirical study in Zhejiang Province," IDE Discussion Papers 323, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Glauben, Thomas & Henning, Christian H.C.A., 2002. "Tax Policies And The Labor Market Constrained Farm Household: Theoretical Results And Empirical Evidence From Household Data," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19700, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wang, Xiaobing, 2007. "Labor market behavior of Chinese rural households during transition," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 42, number 92321.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2012. "Migration and Rural Welfare: The Impact of Potential Policy Reforms in Europe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 2427-2439.
- Glauben, Thomas & Herzfeld, Thomas & Loy, Jens-Peter & Renner, Swetlana & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2012. "The impact of fiscal policies on agricultural household decisions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 166-177.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.