Migration and labour market outcomes in OECD countries
AbstractImmigration pressures are increasing in most OECD countries. This article investigates the consequences of immigration for natives’ labour market outcomes, as well as issues linked to immigrants’ integration in the host country labour market. Changes in the share of immigrants in the labour force may have a distributive impact on natives’ wages, and a temporary impact on unemployment. However, labour market integration of immigrants (as well as integration of second-generation immigrants both in terms of educational attainments and of labour market outcomes) remains the main challenge facing host economies. In both cases, product and labour market policies have a significant role to play in easing the economy’s adjustment to immigration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by OECD Publishing in its journal OECD Journal: Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 2010 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Åslund, Olof & Engdahl, Mattias, 2012.
"The value of earning for learning: Performance bonuses in immigrant language training,"
Working Paper Series
2013:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Olof Åslund & Mattias Engdahl, 2013. "The value of earning for learning: Performance bonuses in immigrant language training," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1303, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Åslund, Olof & Engdahl, Mattias, 2012. "The value of earning for learning: performance bonuses in immigrant language training," Working Paper Series 2012:24, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Åslund, Olof & Engdahl, Mattias, 2013. "The value of earning for learning: Performance bonuses in immigrant language training," Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies 2013:1, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Aslund, Olof & Engdahl, Mattias, 2012. "The Value of Earning for Learning: Performance Bonuses in Immigrant Language Training," IZA Discussion Papers 7118, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jean-Marc Fournier & Isabell Koske, 2012. "Less Income Inequality and More Growth – Are they Compatible? Part 7. The Drivers of Labour Earnings Inequality – An Analysis Based on Conditional and Unconditional Quantile Regressions," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 930, OECD Publishing.
- Isabell Koske & Jean-Marc Fournier & Isabelle Wanner, 2012. "Less Income Inequality and More Growth – Are They Compatible? Part 2. The Distribution of Labour Income," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 925, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.