Information Sharing, Price Negotiation and Management Buy-outs of Private Family-owned Firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
family firms; succession; management buy-out; information asymmetry negotiation behaviour; corporate governance; L26;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Birley, Sue & Westhead, Paul, 1990. "Private business sales environments in the United Kingdom," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(6), pages 349-373, November.
- Philippe Desbrières & Sophie Manigart & Koen De Waele & Mike Wright & Ken Robbie & Harry Sapienza & Amy Beekman, 2002.
"Determinants of required return in venture capital investments:A five country study,"
Working Papers CREGO
1020701, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Manigart, Sophie & De Waele, Koen & Wright, Mike & Robbie, Ken & Desbrieres, Philippe & Sapienza, Harry J. & Beekman, Amy, 2002. "Determinants of required return in venture capital investments: a five-country study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 291-312, July.
- Leenders, Mark & Waarts, Eric, 2003. "Competitiveness and Evolution of Family Businesses:: The Role of Family and Business Orientation," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 686-697, December.
- Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike, 1995. "Corporate Governance: The Role of Restructuring Transactions," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 690-703, May.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Pruthi, Sarika, 2002. " Internationalization of Western Venture Capitalists into Emerging Markets: Risk Assessment and Information in India," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 13-29, August.
- Mitchell, Ronald K. & Morse, Eric A. & Sharma, Pramodita, 2003. "The transacting cognitions of nonfamily employees in the family businesses setting," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 533-551, July.
- Morris, Michael H. & Williams, Roy O. & Allen, Jeffrey A. & Avila, Ramon A., 1997. "Correlates of success in family business transitions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-401, September.
- Sharma, Pramodita & Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H., 2003. "Predictors of satisfaction with the succession process in family firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 667-687, September.
- Wright, Mike & Thompson, Steve & Robbie, Ken, 1992. "Venture capital and management-led, leveraged buy-outs: A European perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 47-71, January.
- Paul Westhead & Deniz Ucbasaran & Mike Wright & Martin Binks, 2004. "Policy toward novice, serial, and portfolio entrepreneurs," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(6), pages 779-798, December.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Corporate Governance: Some Theory and Implications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 678-89, May.
- Steier, Lloyd, 2003. "Variants of agency contracts in family-financed ventures as a continuum of familial altruistic and market rationalities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 597-618, September.
- Sahlman, William A., 1990. "The structure and governance of venture-capital organizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 473-521, October.
- Lerner, Josh, 1995. " Venture Capitalists and the Oversight of Private Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 301-18, March.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Stromberg, 2001. "Venture Capitalists As Principals: Contracting, Screening, and Monitoring," NBER Working Papers 8202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H. Short & K. Keasey & A. Hull & M. Wright, 1998. "Corporate Governance, Accountability and Enterprise," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 151-165, 07.
- Song, Moon H. & Walkling, Ralph A., 1993. "The Impact of Managerial Ownership on Acquisition Attempts and Target Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 439-457, December.
- Admati, Anat R & Pfleiderer, Paul, 1994. " Robust Financial Contracting and the Role of Venture Capitalists," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 371-402, June.
- Paul Westhead & Deniz Ucbasaran & Mike Wright & Martin Binks, 2005. "Novice, Serial and Portfolio Entrepreneur Behaviour and Contributions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 109-132, 09.
- Wolter, Hans-Jürgen, 2010. "Informationsasymmetrien in der familienexternen Nachfolge und ihre Überwindung," IfM-Materialien 191, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & Hellerstedt, Karin & Nordqvist, Mattias, 2011. "Implications of Intra-Family and External Ownership Transfer Of Family Firms: Short Term and Long Term Performance," Ratio Working Papers 172, The Ratio Institute.
- Lorraine Uhlaner & Mike Wright & Morten Huse, 2007. "Private Firms and Corporate Governance: An Integrated Economic and Management Perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 225-241, October.
- Mattias Nordqvist & Karl Wennberg & Massimo Bau’ & Karin Hellerstedt, 2013. "An entrepreneurial process perspective on succession in family firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 1087-1122, May.
- Grundström, Christina & Öberg, Christina & Öhrwall Rönnbäck, Anna, 2012. "Family-owned manufacturing SMEs and innovativeness: A comparison between within-family successions and external takeovers," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 162-173.
- Dehlen, Tobias & Zellweger, Thomas & Kammerlander, Nadine & Halter, Frank, 2014. "The role of information asymmetry in the choice of entrepreneurial exit routes," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 193-209.
- Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Steier, Lloyd P. & Wright, Mike & McKee, D’Lisa N., 2012. "An agency theoretic analysis of value creation through management buy-outs of family firms," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 197-206.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.