Structure and Profitability in Banking Markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 20 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Antitrust; banking; competition; market structure;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corwin D. Edwards, 1955. "Conglomerate Bigness as a Source of Power," NBER Chapters, in: Business Concentration and Price Policy, pages 331-359 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Pilloff, 1999. "Does the Presence of Big Banks Influence Competition in Local Markets?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 159-177, May.
- Allen Berger & Timothy Hannan, 1994.
"The Efficiency Cost of Market Power in the Banking Industry: A Test of the 'Quiet Life' and Related Hypotheses,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
94-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Timothy H. Hannan, 1998. "The Efficiency Cost Of Market Power In The Banking Industry: A Test Of The "Quiet Life" And Related Hypotheses," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(3), pages 454-465, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Timothy H. Hannan, 1994. "The efficiency cost of market power in the banking industry: a test of the "quiet life" and related hypotheses," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stephen Rhoades, 2000. "Retail Commercial Banking: An Update on a Period of Extraordinary Change," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 357-366, June.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Timothy H. Hannan, 1989. "Foundations of the structure-conduct-performance paradigm," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 83, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009 Elsevier.
- Barla, Philippe, 2000.
"Firm size inequality and market power,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 693-722, July.
- Claycombe, Richard J., 2000. "The effects of market structure on prices of clothing and household furnishings," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 827-841, July.
- Prager, Robin A & Hannan, Timothy H, 1998. "Do Substantial Horizontal Mergers Generate Significant Price Effects? Evidence from the Banking Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 433-52, December.
- Erik Heitfield & Robin A. Prager, 2002. "The geographic scope of retail deposit markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Agostino, Mariarosaria & Gagliardi, Francesca & Trivieri, Francesco, 2010. "Credit market structure and bank screening: An indirect test on Italian data," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 151-160, October.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robin A. Prager, 2001.
"The competitive implications of multimarket bank branching,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2001-43, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hannan, Timothy H. & Prager, Robin A., 2004. "The competitive implications of multimarket bank branching," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1889-1914, August.
- Kondo, Kazumine, 2014. "Do Credit Associations Compete with Each Other in Japanese Regional Lending Markets?," MPRA Paper 56669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Coccorese, Paolo & Pellecchia, Alfonso, 2013. "Multimarket contact, competition and pricing in banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 187-214.
- Liz Laderman, 2003. "Good news on Twelfth District banking market concentration," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue oct24.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2009. "Market power in local banking monopolies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1196-1210, July.
- YongDong Zou & Stephen M. Miller & Bernard Malamud, 2008.
"Geographic Deregulation and Commercial Bank Performance in US State Banking Markets,"
2008-25, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Zou, YongDong & Miller, Stephen M. & Malamud, Bernard, 2011. "Geographic deregulation and commercial bank performance in U.S. state banking markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 28-35, February.
- YongDong Zou & Stephen M. Miller & Bernard Malamud, 2008. "Geographic Deregulation and Commerical Bank Performance in US State Banking Markets," Working Papers 0802, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Liu, Ming-Hua & Margaritis, Dimitris & Tourani-Rad, Alireza, 2011. "Asymmetric information and price competition in small business lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2189-2196, September.
- Steven J. Pilloff, 2004. "Bank merger activity in the United States, 1994-2003," Staff Studies 176, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yonjil Jeon & Stephen M. Miller, 2005. "Bank Performance: Market Power or Efficient Structure?," Working papers 2005-23, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Steven J. Pilloff, 2002. "What's happened at divested bank offices? An empirical analysis of antitrust divestitures in bank mergers," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kondo, Kazumine, 2014. "Cross-Prefecture Expansion of Regional Banks in Japan and Its Effects on Lending-Based Income," MPRA Paper 52978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.