The Impact of Generic Drug Competition on Brand Name Market Shares – Evidence from Micro Data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 19 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Micro data; patent expiration; pharmaceutical industry;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1995. "Generic Entry and the Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," NBER Working Papers 5306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1997. "Generic Entry and the Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 75-90, 03.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Holmas, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2011.
"Reference pricing, competition, and pharmaceutical expenditures: Theory and evidence from a natural experiment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 624-638, August.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Holmas, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2011. "Reference pricing, competition, and pharmaceutical expenditures: Theory and evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 624-638.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmås & Odd Rune Straume, 2010. "Reference Pricing, Competition, and Pharmaceutical Expenditures: Theory and Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CESifo Working Paper Series 3258, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nebibe Varol & Joan Costa-i-Font & Alistair McGuire, 2011.
"Does Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Affect the Adoption of Generic Competition? Evidence from the OECD, 1999-2008,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3441, CESifo Group Munich.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Nebibe Varol & Alistair McGuire, 2011. "Does pharmaceutical price regulation affect the adoption of generic competition?: evidence from the OECD, 1999-2008," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37537, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Granlund, David & Köksal, Miyase Yesim, 2011. "Parallel Imports and Mandatory Substitution Reform - A Kick or A Muff for Price Competition in Pharmaceuticals?," HUI Working Papers 49, HUI Research.
- Brekke, Kurt Richard & Holmås, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2013.
"Margins and market shares: Pharmacy incentives for generic substitution,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 116-131.
- Brekke, Kurt Richard & Holmås, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2010. "Margins and Market Shares: Pharmacy Incentives for Generic Substitution," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 18/2010, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmås & Odd Rune Straume, 2010. "Margins and Market Shares:Pharmacy Incentives for Generic Substitution," NIPE Working Papers 20/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmås & Odd Rune Straume, 2012. "Margins and Market Shares: Pharmacy Incentives for Generic Substitution," CESifo Working Paper Series 4055, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chiara Bonassi & Laura Magazzini & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni & Nicola Carmine Salerno, 2007. "Il prezzo di riferimento nel quadro regolatorio del mercato farmaceutico," Working Papers 04-2007, Competitività Regole Mecati (CERM).
- Granlund, David & Yesim Köksal, Miyase, 2011. "Parallel Imports and Mandatory Substitution Reform: A kick or a muff for price competition in pharmaceuticals," Working Papers in Economics 496, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Yesim Köksal, Miyase, 2011. "Compassion and cost: The dual role of reference pricing," Working Papers in Economics 498, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Pierre Dubois; & Laura Lasio;, 2012. "The effects of price regulation of pharmaceutical industry margins: A structural estimation for anti-ulcer drugs in France," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/18, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2007. "The impact of generic reference pricing interventions in the statin market," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 14-29, November.
- Ayadi, Inès, 2009. "Impact de la réforme de l’assurance maladie en Tunisie sur l’offre et la demande des médicaments," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/7671 edited by Joël, Marie-Eve & Boujelbene, Younès, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.