The Industry Component of Regional New Firm Formation Processes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
Start-ups; new firm formation; regional differences; industry specific effects;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David B. Audretsch, 1995. "Innovation and Industry Evolution," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011468, January.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Mata, Jose & Portugal, Pedro, 1994. "Life Duration of New Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 227-45, September.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Marilynn B. Brewer, 1999. "Intellectual Capital and the Birth of U.S. Biotechnology Enterprises," NBER Working Papers 4653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Jeff Armstrong, 1999. "Intellectual Capital and the Firm: The Technology of Geographically Localized Knowledge Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 4946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1983. "The Location and Employment Choices of New Firms: An Econometric Model with Discrete and Continuous Endogenous Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 440-49, August.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, January.
- Baldwin,John R. & Gorecki,Paul With contributions by-Name:Caves,Richard E. With contributions by-Name:Dunne,Tim With contributions by-Name:Haltiwanger,John, 1998.
"The Dynamics of Industrial Competition,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521633574, December.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shaoming Cheng, 2011. "Business cycle, industrial composition, or regional advantage? A decomposition analysis of new firm formation in the United States," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 147-167, August.
- Stephan Brunow, 2011. "Regional industrial firm growth under monopolistic competition and human capital externalities," ERSA conference papers ersa10p841, European Regional Science Association.
- Jörg Baten, 2003.
"Creating Firms for a New Century: Determinants of Firm Creation around 1900,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1065, CESifo Group Munich.
- Baten, Joerg, 2003. "Creating firms for a new century: Determinants of firm creation around 1900," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 301-329, December.
- Joerg Baten, 2003. "Creating Firms for a New Century: Determinants for Firm Creation around 1900," IAW Discussion Papers 11, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- J. Arauzo & M. ManjÃ³n & M. MartÃn & A. Segarra, 2007. "Regional and Sector-specific Determinants of Industry Dynamics and the Displacementâ€“replacement Effects," Empirica, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 89-115, April.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008. "Regional Institutional Environment and Swedish Regional New Firm Formation," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 142, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Pop Zenovia Cristiana & Maier Veronica, . "Entrepreneurial Activity Within Enterprises," Description: Managerial Challenges of the Contemporary Society 42, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Babes-Bolyai University.
- Kim, Younghwan & Kim, Wonjoon & Yang, Taeyong, 2012. "The effect of the triple helix system and habitat on regional entrepreneurship: Empirical evidence from the U.S," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 154-166.
- Kan, Viktoriya, 2010. "Regional Determinants of New Firm Formation in a Transition Economy: The Case of Uzbekistan," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 490, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- NYSTRÖM, Kristina, 2009. "The Importance Of Industry Structure In The Analysis Of Regional Entry And Exit: The Case Of Sweden," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(2).
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Teruel Carrizosa, Mercedes, 2004. "A territorial approach to firm entry: The effect of city size," Working Papers 2072/1777, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Marcus Dejardin, 2010. "La création d'entreprises et ses rapports au territoire," Post-Print halshs-00618267, HAL.
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck, 2003. "New Firm Formation by Industry over Space and Time: A Multi-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 322, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Martin Carree, 2002. "Does Unemployment Affect the Number of Establishments? A Regional Analysis for US States," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 389-398.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2005. "Determinants of Regional Entry and Exit in Industrial Sectors," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 33, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Su-wan Wang, 2006. "Determinants of New Firm Formation in Taiwan," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 313-321, December.
- Fritsch, Michael & Falck, Oliver, 2002. "New firm formation by industry over space and time: a multi-level analysis for Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa02p486, European Regional Science Association.
- Schanne, Norbert & Weyh, Antje, 2009. "What makes start-ups out of unemployment different?," IAB Discussion Paper 200904, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Stephan Brunow & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Firm Formation and Agglomeration under Monopolistic Competition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-134/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Calá, Carla Daniela & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C., 2012.
"Regional Determinants of Firm Entry in a Developing Country,"
2072/203159, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Calá, Carla Daniela & Arauzo-Carod, Josep-Maria & Manjón-Antolín, Miguel, 2012. "Regional determinants of firm entry in a developing country," NÃ¼lan. Deposited Documents 1626, Centro de Documentación, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata.
- Moyano Pesquera, Pedro, 2011. "La adaptación del Sistema Nacional de Incentivos Regionales a la Ley para el Desarrollo Sostenible del Medio Rural /Adjustment of the National System of Regional Incentives to the Law for Sustainable," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 95-128, Abril.
- Manuel Acosta & Daniel Coronado & Esther Flores, 2011. "University spillovers and new business location in high-technology sectors: Spanish evidence," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 365-376, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.