The Incentive to Discriminate by a Vertically-Integrated Regulated Firm: A Reply
AbstractIn Weisman (1995), I construct a model to investigate the incentives of a vertically-integrated regulated firm to discriminate against downstream rivals. This model suggests that the RBOCs do not have the same incentives to discriminate as AT&T prior to divestiture. Reiffen (1998) questions this and other conclusions. This reply addresses his claims. Copyright 1998 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Bijl & Martin Peitz, 2009.
"Access regulation and the adoption of VoIP,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 111-134, April.
- Paul de Bijl & M. Peitz, 2008. "Access Regulation and the Adoption of VoIP," CPB Discussion Paper 109, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Bijl, P.W.J. de & Peitz, M., 2006. "Access Regulation and the Adoption of VoIP," Discussion Paper 2006-012, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Banerjee, Aniruddha & Dippon, Christian M., 2009. "Voluntary relationships among mobile network operators and mobile virtual network operators: An economic explanation," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 72-84, February.
- Foros, Oystein, 2004. "Strategic investments with spillovers, vertical integration and foreclosure in the broadband access market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Kondaurova, Irina & Weisman, Dennis L., 2003. "Incentives for non-price discrimination," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 147-171, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.