Agricultural Districts and Farmland Prices
AbstractA hedonic price equation of structureless farmland prices in New York State are fitted to 458 land transactions between 1982-1985. No capitalization is found of the state's Agricultural District farmland preservation program, which combines current-use property taxation with several development-inhibiting features. It is hypothesized that landowners avoid joining the program when it would threaten profits from a development sale, and that those who do participate gain little because agriculture is the highest value use of their land. Copyright 1994 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ma, Shan & Swinton, Scott M., 2011. "Valuation of ecosystem services from rural landscapes using agricultural land prices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1649-1659, July.
- Stavins, Robert & Plantinga, Andrew & Lubowski, Ruben, 2002.
"The Effects of Potential Land Development on Agricultural Land Prices,"
dp-02-11-, Resources For the Future.
- Plantinga, Andrew J. & Lubowski, Ruben N. & Stavins, Robert N., 2002. "The effects of potential land development on agricultural land prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 561-581, November.
- Plantinga, Andrew & Lubowski, Ruben & Stavins, Robert, 2002. "The Effects of Potential Land Development on Agricultural Land Prices," Working Paper Series rwp02-012, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Ronald W. Spahr & Mark A. Sunderman, 2009. "A Model for Federal Public Land Surface Rights' Management," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(2), pages 119-146.
- Lynch, Lori & Lovell, Sabrina J., 2001.
"Factors Influencing Participation In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs,"
2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL
20714, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lynch, Lori & Lovell, Sabrina J., 2001. "Factors Influencing Participation In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs," Working Papers 28590, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Winfree, Jason A. & McCluskey, Jill J., 2007. "Takings of development rights with asymmetric information and an endogenous probability of an externality," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 320-333, November.
- Jason Winfree & Jill McCluskey & Ron Mittelhammer, 2006. "Buyer-Type Effects in Conservation and Preservation Property Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 167-179, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.