Factors Influencing Participation In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs
AbstractWe analyze the factors influencing participation in Maryland's farmland preservation programs using data from a survey of agricultural landowners and spatial data on individual parcels. Factors influencing participation included distance from a major city, proximity to preserved parcels, length of family ownership, whether a child plan to continue farming and share of income from farming.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics in its series Working Papers with number 28590.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Lynch, Lori & Lovell, Sabrina J., 2001. "Factors Influencing Participation In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20714, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yue Jin Shi & Timothy T. Phipps & Dale Colyer, 1997. "Agricultural Land Values under Urbanizing Influences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 90-100.
- Nancy E. Bockstael, 1996. "Modeling Economics and Ecology: The Importance of a Spatial Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1168-1180.
- Cynthia J. Nickerson & Lori Lynch, 2001. "The Effect of Farmland Preservation Programs on Farmland Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 341-351.
- Vitaliano, Donald F & Hill, Constance, 1994. "Agricultural Districts and Farmland Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 213-23, May.
- Bromley, Daniel W & Hodge, Ian, 1990. "Private Property Rights and Presumptive Policy Entitlements: Reconsidering the Premises of Rural Policy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 197-214.
- Elad, Renata L. & Clifton, Ivery D. & Epperson, James E., 1994. "Hedonic Estimation Applied To The Farmland Market In Georgia," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- McLean-Meyinsse, Patricia E. & Hui, Jianguo & Joseph, Randolph, Jr., 1994. "An Empirical Analysis Of Louisiana Small Farmers' Involvement In The Conservation Reserve Program," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- David E. Hansen & S. I. Schwartz, 1975. "Landowner Behavior at the Rural-Urban Fringe in Response to Preferential Property Taxation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(4), pages 341-354.
- Schwartz, S. I. & Hansen, D. E. & Foin, T. C., 1975. "Preferential taxation and the control of urban sprawl: An analysis of the California Land Conservation Act," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 120-134, December.
- Lovell, Sabrina J. & Lynch, Lori, 2002. "Hedonic Price Analysis Of Easement Payments In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs," Working Papers 28564, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.