Does Focus Really Matter? Specialized vs. Diversified REITs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT); Management expertise; Property type specialization; Diversification; Efficient market hypothesis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert D. Campbell & Milena Petrova & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Wealth Effects of Diversification and Financial Deal Structuring: Evidence from REIT Property Portfolio Acquisitions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 347-366, 09.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- John R. Graham & Michael L. Lemmon & Jack G. Wolf, 2002. "Does Corporate Diversification Destroy Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 695-720, 04.
- Kevin C.H. Chiang & Kirill Kozhevnikov & Ming-Long Lee & Craig H. Wisen, 2008. "Further Evidence on the Performance of Funds of Funds: The Case of Real Estate Mutual Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 47-61, 03.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Paul J. Seguin, 1999. "Focus, Transparency and Value: The REIT Evidence," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 587-619.
- Henrik Cronqvist & Peter Högfeldt & Mattias Nilsson, 2001. "Why Agency Costs Explain Diversification Discounts," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 85-126.
- DeLong, Gayle L., 2001. "Stockholder gains from focusing versus diversifying bank mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 221-252, February.
- John G. Gallo & Larry J. Lockwood & Ronald C. Rutherford, 2000. "Asset Allocation and the Performance of Real Estate Mutual Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 165-185.
- David Ling & Andy Naranjo, 2006. "Dedicated REIT Mutual Fund Flows and REIT Performance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 409-433, June.
- Marc A. Louargand, 1992. "A Survey of Pension Fund Real Estate Portfolio Risk Management Practices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 7(4), pages 361-374.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.