The Effects of Environmental Liability on Industrial Real Estate Development
AbstractThe paper explores the effects of current liability law on real estate transactions involving properties with potential environmental contamination. Sources of uncertainty and their likely impact on transactions are identified. Liability-driven market distortions are likely to be due less to legal uncertainty than to problems arising from asymmetric information and imperfect detection. Copyright 1996 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anna Alberini, 2006.
"Determinants and Effects on Property Values of Participation in Voluntary Cleanup Programs: the Case of Colorado,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p126, European Regional Science Association.
- Anna Alberini, 2007. "Determinants And Effects On Property Values Of Participation In Voluntary Cleanup Programs: The Case Of Colorado," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(3), pages 415-432, 07.
- Anna Alberini, 2006. "Determinants and Effects on Property Values of Participation in Voluntary Cleanup Programs: The Case of Colorado," Working Papers 2006.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jill J. McCluskey & Gordon C. Rausser, 2003. "Stigmatized Asset Value: Is It Temporary or Long-Term?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 276-285, May.
- Howard F. Chang & Hilary Sigman, 2005.
"The Effect of Joint and Several Liability under Superfund on Brownfields,"
Departmental Working Papers
200508, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Chang, Howard F. & Sigman, Hilary, 2007. "The effect of joint and several liability under superfund on brownfields," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 363-384, December.
- Howard F. Chang & Hilary Sigman, 2005. "The Effect of Joint and Several Liability Under Superfund on Brownfields," NBER Working Papers 11667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Alberini & Alberto Longo, 2006. "The Effects of Contamination and Cleanup on Commercial and Industrial Properties: A Hedonic Pricing Model of Maryland and Baltimore City," ERSA conference papers ersa06p413, European Regional Science Association.
- Jeffrey Zabel, 2007. "The Impact of Imperfect Information on the Transactions of Contaminated Properties," NCEE Working Paper Series 200703, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jan 2007.
- Linn, Joshua, 2012.
"The Effect of Voluntary Brownfields Programs on Nearby Property Values: Evidence from Illinois,"
dp-12-35, Resources For the Future.
- Linn, Joshua, 2013. "The effect of voluntary brownfields programs on nearby property values: Evidence from Illinois," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-18.
- Boyd, James, 1999. "Environmental Remediation and Economies in Transition," Discussion Papers dp-99-21, Resources For the Future.
- Hilary Sigman, 2010.
"Environmental Liability and Redevelopment of Old Industrial Land,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 289-306, 05.
- Hilary Sigman, 2006. "Environmental Liability and Redevelopment of Old Industrial Land," Departmental Working Papers 200609, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Hilary Sigman, 2009. "Environmental Liability and Redevelopment of Old Industrial Land," NBER Working Papers 15017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robin R. Jenkins & Elizabeth Kopits & David Simpson, 2006. "Measuring the Social Benefits of EPA Land Cleanup and Reuse Programs," NCEE Working Paper Series 200603, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Sep 2006.
- Wernstedt, Kris & Alberini, Anna & Heberle, Lauren & Meyer, Peter, 2004. "The Brownfields Phenomenon: Much Ado about Something or the Timing of the Shrewd?," Discussion Papers dp-04-46, Resources For the Future.
- Kris Wernstedt & Peter B. Meyer & Anna Alberini, 2006. "Attracting private investment to contaminated properties: The value of public interventions," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 247-369.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.