Application of a double bootstrap to investigation of determinants of technical efficiency of farms in Central Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 29 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Double bootstrap; DEA; Truncated maximum likelihood; Individual farms; Corporate farms; Czech Republic; D24; Q12;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995.
"Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998. "Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Sophia Davidova & Matthew Gorton & Belen Iraizoz & Tomas Ratinger, 2003. "Variations in Farm Performance in Transitional Economies: Evidence from the Czech Republic-super-1," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 227-245.
- Laure Latruffe & Kelvin Balcombe & Sophia Davidova & Katarzyna Zawalinska, 2004. "Determinants of technical efficiency of crop and livestock farms in Poland," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1255-1263.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Liu, John S. & Lu, Louis Y.Y. & Lu, Wen-Min & Lin, Bruce J.Y., 2013. "Data envelopment analysis 1978–2010: A citation-based literature survey," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-15.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Marianne Haraldsvik, 2009. "Efficiency potential and determinants of efficiency: An analysis of the care of elderly sector in Norway," Working Paper Series 10109, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Esmeralda Ramalho & Joaquim Ramalho & Pedro Henriques, 2010.
"Fractional regression models for second stage DEA efficiency analyses,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 239-255, December.
- Esmeralda A. Ramalho, & Joaquim J.S. Ramalho & Pedro D. Henriques, 2010. "Fractional regression models for second stage DEA efficiency analyses," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2010_01, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Glass, J. Colin & McKillop, Donal G. & Rasaratnam, Syamarlah, 2010. "Irish credit unions: Investigating performance determinants and the opportunity cost of regulatory compliance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 67-76, January.
- Thibbotuwawa, Manoj & Mugera, Amin & White, Ben, 2013. "Production Efficiency and Technology Gap in Irrigated and Rain-fed Rice Farming Systems in Sri Lanka: Non Parametric Approach," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152181, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Sofia KOURTESI & Panos FOUSEKIS & Apostolos POLYMEROS, 2012. "Conditional Efficiency Estimation With Environmental Variables: Evidence From Greek Cereal Farms," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 11(1), pages 43-52.
- Sipilainen, Timo & Huhtala, Anni, 2012. "Opportunity Costs of Providing Crop Diversity in Organic and Conventional Farming," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126652, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carlos Barros & Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio, 2011. "Productivity drivers and market dynamics in the Spanish first division football league," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 5-13, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.