Are born globals really born globals? The case of academic spin-offs with long development periods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of International Entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 10 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112039
Born globals; Academic spin-offs; Entrepreneurship; Networks;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mike Wright & Sue Birley & Simon Mosey, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and University Technology Transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 29(3_4), pages 235-246, 08.
- Mustar, Philippe & Renault, Marie & Colombo, Massimo G. & Piva, Evila & Fontes, Margarida & Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike & Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie, 2006. "Conceptualising the heterogeneity of research-based spin-offs: A multi-dimensional taxonomy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 289-308, March.
- Burg, E. van & Gilsing, V.A. & Reymen, I.M.M.J. & Romme, A.G.L., 2008. "Creating university spin-offs: A science-based design perspective," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3159730, Tilburg University.
- Shaker A Zahra, 2005. "A theory of international new ventures: a decade of research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 20-28, January.
- Manuel Portugal Ferreira & Ana Teresa Tavares & William Hesterly & Sungu Armagan, 2006. "Network and firm antecedents of spin-offs: Motherhooding spin-offs," FEP Working Papers 201, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Grandi, Alessandro & Grimaldi, Rosa, 2003. " Exploring the Networking Characteristics of New Venture Founding Teams," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 329-41, December.
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Webster, Andrew & Gebhardt, Christiane & Terra, Branca Regina Cantisano, 2000. "The future of the university and the university of the future: evolution of ivory tower to entrepreneurial paradigm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 313-330, February.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Gilsing, V.A. & Burg, E. van & Romme, A.G.L., 2010. "Policy principles for the creation and success of corporate and academic spin-offs," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3559572, Tilburg University.
- Schutjens, Veronique & Stam, Erik, 2003. " The Evolution and Nature of Young Firm Networks: A Longitudinal Perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 115-34, September.
- Shaker A. Zahra & Els Van de Velde & B�rbara Larra�eta, 2007. "Knowledge conversion capability and the performance of corporate and university spin-offs," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 569-608, August.
- Nicole E Coviello, 2006. "The network dynamics of international new ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(5), pages 713-731, September.
- Gideon D. Markman & Donald S. Siegel & Mike Wright, 2008. "Research and Technology Commercialization," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(8), pages 1401-1423, December.
- Paul Ellis, 2000. "Social Ties and Foreign Market Entry," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(3), pages 443-469, September.
- Styles, Chris & Genua, Tina, 2008. "The rapid internationalization of high technology firms created through the commercialization of academic research," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 146-157, March.
- Ekaterina Bjørnåli & Arild Aspelund, 2012. "The role of the entrepreneurial team and the board of directors in the internationalization of academic spin-offs," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 350-377, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.