Trading Halts and Price Discovery
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 30 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Trading halts; price discovery; market efficiency; event study; G-14;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Howe, John S. & Schlarbaum, Gary G., 1986. "SEC Trading Suspensions: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 323-333, September.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1993. "Stealth trading and volatility : Which trades move prices?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 281-305, December.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Shane A. Corwin & Marc L. Lipson, 2000. "Order Flow and Liquidity around NYSE Trading Halts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1771-1805, 08.
- Hopewell, Michael H & Schwartz, Arthur L, Jr, 1978. "Temporary Trading Suspensions in Individual NYSE Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(5), pages 1355-73, December.
- Brailsford, Timothy J., 1995. "Market closures and time-varying volatility in the Australian equity market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 165-172, June.
- Charles Cao & Eric Ghysels & Frank Hatheway, 2000. "Price Discovery without Trading: Evidence from the Nasdaq Preopening," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1339-1365, 06.
- Michael J. Barclay, 2003. "Price Discovery and Trading After Hours," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(4), pages 1041-1073.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 1979. "The Efficacy of Trading Suspensions: A Regulatory Action Designed to Prevent the Exploitation of Monopoly Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1187-1200, December.
- Hai-Chuan Xu & Wei Zhang & Yi-Fang Liu, 2013. "Short-term Market Reaction after Trading Halts in Chinese Stock Market," Papers 1309.1138, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.